Thursday 29 September 2011

While the Savage Sleeps by Andrew Kaufman

If you are a fan of Stephen king this book is a must.I enjoyed the story from the first page to the last , the author had my imagination running wild throughout and with each twist and turn he outwitted me to the end .

 The story was set in the town of Faith (such a brilliant name)with Cameron Dawson, the Deputy Sheriff, at the forefront of the investigations. He is an extremely likeable but unhappy character , due to a sad event in his past and I found myself empathising with him throughout.

 The plots takes the reader through a trail of bloodthirsty , chilling events within the town but at the same time, running parallel in Albuquerque , Doctor Kyle Bancroft is experiencing paranormal visitations which eventually leads her to Faith and Cameron Dawson, where their lives become intertwined for the investigation.

 The ending of the novel was superb! It was scary, gripping and unique and at the same time very sad. It was very well done and left me with no questions unanswered.

 To conclude, this is a very well written and researched novel, very cleverly put together and keeps it’s audience captivated with every turn of the page .I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good horror story with many extra’s. In my opinion Mr Kaufman has set up the characters in such a way that they could now be used in many future novels .....I really hope I am right.

Stephen King, watch out, you have competition, this is a excellent piece of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment