Tuesday 27 September 2011

Mementos of Mai by Helmy Parlente Kusuma

This was a totally different read for me, although i have to say I found it thoroughly refreshing..It is written as an excerpt, I am assuming, of the author’s life and how he coped with emotion and the dawning realisation of how life doesn’t always work out the way you want it, therefore having to turn in another direction and succeed. I found the whole story very sweet, natural and sometimes sad. I loved the descriptions the author used, making me feel that I could actually taste and smell the things he was describing.I thought this was extremely well done considering English is not the author’s first language. To conclude, the book isn’t a page turner nor is it fast paced. It is simply a relaxing, sensitive read.

No comments:

Post a Comment